Itemupdating not firing
I knew whatever it was had to be something really simple that I kept overlooking and something that, when I finally figured it out, would be quite .
Even a simple app to enumerate the event receivers associated to the list only showed the one instance. Well, I had moved on to other things again, when all of a sudden, I noticed that new tasks were being created in the task list for some documents that I was uploading to a different document library. That’s pretty much the symptom for a receiver associated to a list template, but this was NOT a list template! It wasn’t going to show up in the Event Receivers collection for that list instance, because it was associated to the list type.
When I added it to the list instance, it just caused the event to fire twice on THAT list.
If you use a Button instead of a Link Button it will work as documented. An image button got as far as the item command but never got to the Object Data Source updating event.
However a link button siting right beside the image button with a command of "Update" just like the image button, did infact proceed to the ODS updating. Form view doesn't seem to support image buttons that fire commands, unless there is some magical setting I am missing.